TECHNET Archives

April 2006

From:
Joe Russeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Joe Russeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:50:25 -0500
Hi David,

Now I'm no surface finish expert or metallurgist for that matter, but is it
possible to do a solderability test and maybe a pull strength test on some
of the components in question? Seems to me that the solderability test would
answer your question about if shelf life has impacted the ability of the
components to form the proper solder connections. Additionally, it seems
that the pull test would give some indication into the strength of the
intermetallic joint that has been formed.  Just a couple of thoughts that I
had this morning while reading your inquiry.

Best Regards,

Joe Russeau
Process Analyst

Precision Analytical Laboratory, Inc.