LEADFREE Archives

April 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:22:33 -0500
Hi Mike, Kim (via Webmaster Keach), IPC LF Listservers,

I like the Adobe system better only because basic Adobe, including the fill
in the blanks, pull down menu version is free; as well as, the future
updates to Adobe inorder to be able to read the documents by all businesses
including very small businesses anyplace in the world. I believe even in
China, which is government monitored and controlled, you can freely update
your Adobe basic reader to the latest level.

BTW this note will probably get through.

In the USA our federal and state tax forms now have free downloadable fill
in the blank files.

Excel, by Washington based MicroSoft, (MSFT) is always a pay for upgrade
system so that as Excel is altered forward in time it will not always be
compatible with earlier versions. I.E. higher S/Ware maintenance costs for
small businesses that will break down future easy transmission of data.

I make no money off Adobe, yet for what we are doing and where Adobe has
kept this entry level product as a "loss leader" it is the best tool for
ALL.

Perhaps Keach, who is IPC's webmaster, would like to add comments for our
personal education from whomever chose Adobe versus the alternatives.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave