ENVIRONET Archives

April 2006

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:16:04 -0500
Hi Joe, EnViro Listservers,

Recently the UK Scientists from the Royal Academy, I believe, released a
report on the changes on Greenland. I haven't checked it out other than the
promo piece in the general BBC TV news. Basically after much research they
established real changes have already occurred that are not consistent with
the normal variability. If I come across it again in Science News or the
Boston Globe's Health Science section I will repost.

Also somebody down in Australia wrote a book on this stuff and was making
it to the top of the news food chain due to the Australian weather
disaster. I mean the News has got to add fuel to the fire (for excitement
value). He was actually pretty good and wasn't baited. He explained how
weather events would now be more severe compared to yesteryear. We will
have more higher category storms; whereas the global totality of bad
weather may not be changing. He also did discuss the warming trend and the
historical records.

Cheers,

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave