ENVIRONET Archives

April 2006

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:59:45 EDT
Hi Dave,

The more I read the more concerned I become. I was viewing NASA's TV  network
and they had films of the arctic sea over 3 decades. It is visibly clear
that the polar cap has been shrinking.

Unfortunately the time snap shot is short which makes it easy to say  it
might be part of a natural cycle and that it has done so  before. Still, if it
melts, the ice which, it is argued, acts as  solar reflector, will become a sea
which will absorb more sunlight.

Another point that has some scientists more concerned than global  warming is
ocean acidification due to CO2 absorption. Seems we might  be headed for a
double wammy. Meanwhile it appears to be business as usual.

Best,
Joe