ENVIRONET Archives

April 2006

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 23:24:02 -0500
Hi Chuck, EnViro Listservers,

<Here in San Jose, CA everything gets recycled (and I have to pay for
that privilege with my garbage bill). We toss all plastics and glass and
paper and metals into a single bin that is collected weekly. What they
do with it is anyone's guess.  I doubt they are making money from it
(i.e. making a profit) otherwise it would pay for itself and not have to
be subsidized by the city residents.>

No extra payments here.
 Ah skimming in Arnie, Ronnie's state.

According to a flyer they gave everyone this Saturday at the community
drive-in, NO! NO movies, they make 2.4 cents per 100 pounds for paperboard,
cardboard and such vs about 2.8 cents if they had to dispose rather than
recycle. I recycled their flyer today so I might be wrong about the 2.8c

One of these days I'll ask them about aluminum cans, clear glass, green
glass, clear-HDPE, etc.  It's just fun. PLUS they are excited that someone
is interested.

Today I took my older technical magazines like EE Times, Electronic
Products, and you name it, to the drive-in and I love to see the moms
training their young children to have fun recycling. Barely can walk and
already recycling.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave