DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Karl Bates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:18:30 -0500
Jami,
I have to disagree, there is a higher probability of shorting associated to
QFP parts as compared to BGA's in a high volume situation.   I would hate to
see a 1500 pin QFP :-)    We remove and replace BGA parts, seemingly without
problems.    I think we both agree that every part has it's place in the
world, if you plan on high volume manufacturing.. choose a bga.   If you
plan on rework, and low volume... choose a QFP.     And of course... mister
bean counter will choose on pricing.
good luck to you in whatever choice you make.
Karl