TECHNET Archives

March 2006

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:37:48 -0800
Not tried that one myself, couple of things though, the ultrasonic
energy is going to have to have a sideways vector to "scub away" oxides.
I am not sure if the systems normally used will do this or not.

Second point is I recall that those ultrasonic welding systems rely on a
Z axis force, and I am not sure what this will do to the shape/integrity
of your FR4 PCB.

John

John Burke
Senior Manager - Operations , Optichron