TECHNET Archives

March 2006

From:
"Macconnell, Richard (ES)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Macconnell, Richard (ES)
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:47:28 -0800
Bob:

My interpretation agrees with yours.  The inclusion of 2024 and 6061 in
section 2 simply means they are called out in the body of the
specification.  In this case, it is because those alloys are used for
process control testing.  If application of the specification was
limited to specific alloys, I'd expect it to say so in the Scope or
Notes sections.  I see no such limitation.
We have cast a large number of parts that are then chem filmed prior to
paint.  It is not a problem.  Also, what are you asking them to certify?

Rich MacConnell