TECHNET Archives

March 2006

From:
Bob Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:00:16 -0800
Hi

I have a supplier that is casting an Aluminum 380 enclosure for us and is
requested to meet MIL-C-5541E standard.  They are coming back and saying
that the Aluminum 380 is not covered under this particular specification as
their interpretation of MIL-C-5541E is the standard is only referring to the
Aluminum Alloy 2024 and Aluminum 6061. Therefore they are reluctant to stand
behind the certification we are requesting.  Does anyone have more
experience at this than we do as I understand the spec to included all
Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys, not only specific to the Alloys called out on
page 2 under the federal specifications.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Perkins
Apex Micro Mfg.