TECHNET Archives

March 2006

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:50:10 -0600
I calculate the overall volume of the solder paste on a 1-to-1 basis
first. Then I use 75% reduction of that amount, but I distribute this
volume over the whole slug pad in a simple crosshatch pattern in the
stencil. The 75% reduction seems to be a magic number where the solder
will fill out the slug area on the pad, but not so much that the
component will move. The crosshatching helps distribute the solder so
there is some equilibrium of surface tension.