TECHNET Archives

March 2006

From:
Lance Mayes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lance Mayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:58:13 -0700
Have them give you the statistics of the glue.  What about customer
concerns if these start falling apart in the field?

Their mistake their remake.

P. Lance Mayes CIT
MFG. Trainer

John Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
03/28/2006 05:46 AM
Please respond to
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
John Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
[TN] V-Score too deep repair method

We had a PCB shop score some of our board too deep and they are falling
apart on our assembly line. The board shop admits fault but want us to
still use them. They have come up with a solution to use Super Glue or
Epoxy A-B pate on the scores to strengthen the scores. I have concerns
that the glue/paste will weaken when going thru our wave with temperatures
of 250F. At what temperature will the glue/paste change state? Does it
emit vapors, does it dry up and flak off? Will it contaminate the wave?
Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this?

TIA,

John