TECHNET Archives

March 2006

From:
George Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, George Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:02:40 -0500
First off, I hope all went well for Mr. Schaefer last weekend and hope to hear a positve verdict.

I got to thinking last weekend (dangerous and smokey) and having seen the material at APEX and observed the dross and surface tension reduction, I was impressed. BUT, what are the breakdown or oxidation byproducts and can there be any trace incorporation of this liquid organic into the molten solder itself.  If it is, does this tend to create a compressive stress and facilitate the generation of whiskers?  I would tend to think there would be no miscibility at all but i would like the thoughts of more metallurgically educated minds than mine.

George
State of Franklin