TECHNET Archives

March 2006

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:07:14 -0800
OK TechNetters where is the humor?

Let's see if we can't kick it off with an EU design competition. Most
people agree that taking the lead out of solder was pointless and
potentially dangerous from a reliability viewpoint. There is legislation
coming up on how to design electronics to be environmentally conscious
from the same legislative team.

So I figured TechNet could come up with a few suggestions to help them
along here is mine - feel free to pitch in.

My suggestion is to remove the BATTERY in the Toyota Prius ECO friendly
electronics. The car gets great gas mileage but imagine how much better
it would be if it didn't have to carry tall that excess weight
around..........8-)

John

John Burke
Senior Manager - Operations