LEADFREE Archives

March 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Peter Weichel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:25:08 +0100
Hi experts,

Having read the translated version of China RoHS regulations courtesy Grace Lin, i seem to spot several
questions which needs answering.

1)
I see in that doc. no specification of limits for the materials, are they same as in EU ?
And as a show stopper they add "Other toxic or hazard substances set bys state" i.e. no end to this ?
Where are thees other substances listed ?

2)
In the EU RoHS there are currently exempted products which will have a transistion period of at least until EU
includes product catergory 8 & 9 into RoHS (most likely not before 2009/2010).
However the China RoHS does not use the term exemptions but lists incuded products, and the list is quite wide
ranging also including some EU exempted products.
Now does that mean that we have to comply in China with products that are OK in EU (for now) ?

3)
The China RoHS seems to be valid from march 1st 2007.
Is that realy true ?

4)
Does the requirement for documentation of hazardous contents require us to make analysis of exact contents ?
I.e. do we have to send a product for chemical analysis ?

5)
As i read the doc. we also have to add CCC mark if covered by China RoHS is that true ?
If so products not previsuosly under CCC regulation now have to add CCC anyway!
Does this mean that such a product will have to comply to other CCC aspects as well or only RoHS aspects ?

Thats it for now, i hope to have some of the above points commented ;o)

Have a nice day all,

Best regards
PBI-Dansensor

Peter Weichel
Test and Approval Engineer

PBI-Dansensor A/S
Roennedevej 18
DK-4100 Ringsted
Tel.: (+45) 57 66 00 88

Fax: (+45) 57 66 00 99

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Website: www.pbi-dansensor.com

CONFIDENTIALITY. This email and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store
or copy the information in any medium.