TECHNET Archives

February 2006

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:18:09 -0800
At 05:31 AM 2/2/2006, Jeffrey Bush wrote:
>Buried vias should not need to be filled as the bonding material should
>adequate to fill these features to minimum standard.

Whoa, better qualify that statement.  Many buried via designs cannot be
built successfully without pre-filling the buried vias. It's not uncommon
for us to 100-200 holes/in^2 in a buried sub now days.

Bonding material may not be adequate to fill buried vias.  It depends on
the via volume and local density of vias to be filled.  Be sure to look at
areas with high buried via density (e.g. thermal via farms).

dw