TECHNET Archives

February 2006

From:
"Dehoyos, Ramon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dehoyos, Ramon
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:28:03 -0500
        Wee Mei:
                  There is another approach at applying adhesive to the
package instead of to the leads.  Make a bead that runs on the board up
the corner of the package and over the top of the package, repeated four
times ( one on each corner).
        As far as the heel fillet it has to be up half the curve of the
heel per J-Std-001 9.2.6.1.  The customer may buy the strengthening  of
the package to the board bond by adding the adhesive, specially if it
passes all tests.
        Regards,
        Ramon