TECHNET Archives

February 2006

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:13:27 -0500
Anodized surface and corrosion resistance will covered at box level test.
as for plated surface, particularly, Sn or Zn plated surface, you are
concerned on three issues: corrosion (will covered by envrionmental test,
such as salt test, damp heat etc.), plating/anodization quality (covered by
mil std) and functional test (do what ever you suppose to protect, e.g. sand
blast etc.).  Material compatibility possibly place more role: ionic causes
corrosion that impact on the contact of EMI shield capability, etc.etc.
I am sure the design have requirements on the environmental spec, which
translate to the box level spec on sub-assembly.
my 1.73 cents.
                                     jk