TECHNET Archives

February 2006

From:
Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:46:07 +0700
Bob,

I have no personal knowledge of the contents of this spec, but
From http://www.astm.org

ACTIVE STANDARD: F1503-02 Practice for Machine/Process Capability Study Procedure Developed by Subcommittee: F16.93
See Related Work by this Subcommittee

Book of Standards Volume: 01.08

1. Scope
1.1 This practice covers provision of a proper method for determining process capability for new or existing machine processes. It is recommended that available statistical software be used for the calculation of the descriptive statistics required for decision making when using this practice. Where software is not available, Section 8 and Tables 1 and 2 are provided for manual calculations.

2. Referenced Documents
F1469 Guide for Conducting a Repeatability and Reproducibility Study on Test Equipment for Nondestructive Testing

Index Terms
bilateral specification; capability; Cp; Cpk; fasterners; gage capability; inspection plan; machine capability; machine capability study; process capability; process capability study; process parameters; sampling; SPC; statistical process control; unilateral specification; 25.020

Steve Mikell