LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Cheryl Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:52:20 -0700
Thanks to everyone for all of your help.
Below was my "reply to the factory"
(note we are a Chinese Corporation - I am at R&D facility in Colorado - and
thus my China RoHS suggestion...)
Lorraine,
EG - denotes German language - also the official RoHS directive is 2002 (not
2005).
I believe we should be calling out 2002/95/EC (for English language.)

This is the ACTUAL directive
http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/dat/2003/l_037/l_03720030213en0019002
3.pdf

This mentions the 2005/95/EG - but I have no idea what it is saying.
http://www.dihk.de/eic/umwelt/EU_Umwelt_Update.pdf

What customer requested this reference?

I propose we call out the English translation 2002/95/EC  - or even better
yet the even stricter China RoHS.

http://www.designchainassociates.com/pdf/ChinaRoHSWSGR110405.pdf

See the attached link for all the languages and variations.