LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Nic Bowker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:26:48 -0000
Dearl All,

The saga continues - have spoken to Chris Smith (the man at the NWML). In essence what we need to know is that:

"Available for Sale" DOES NOT EQUAL "Put on the market" in the view of the lawyers and hence the enforcers.

To put on the market you need to show a legal transparency to a "transfer". Internal movement within a factory is not legally traceable and won't do.

Transfers that are acceptable:

1) Clearing customs on imports;

2) Transfer to another legal entity;

3) Transfer of postcode/zip code of the item;

4) Being subject to a call-off contract.

As long as these transfers happen before 1st July then they can continue to be sold after that date.

Sorry if everyone knows this already - but I did have a nice long conversation with the chap and he intimated how the NWML are planning to enforce this too.

Nic Bowker

Technical Resources Adviser

PLASA Ltd.

38 St Leonards Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3UT, UK.

Tel:  +44 (0)1323 410335 : Fax: +44 (0)1323 646905

Email: [log in to unmask] : Website: www.plasa.org

Join one of the largest trade communities in the industry.

www.plasa.org