LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:45:40 -0000
Cost
Silver is predicted to rise in popularity, it already is.

Cost - in the UK we haven't seen a significant difference in price for

SME volumes.

ENIG - we have used for over 10 years with good success on SMT product.

For thru hole where we used HASL we have switched to Silver with great

success. For mixed smt/thru builds we used ENIG but have tried silver

and found it to be much better so are looking to move to silver on all

apps except where gold is required for direct connectors or key pads.

Regards,

Chris