LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Carrow, Dennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:46:54 -0600
We are wanting to put the PB free symbol in silk on our bare boards.  One
of our fab houses is saying they won't make our boards with that symbol on
it because they cannot guarantee that we will be using lead free solder
and parts to make it a lead free assembly.  Are we requesting something
out of the ordinary?   We don't want to place a sticker because of the
manual effort/cost involved.  This symbol is our in house way of telling
our people which type of assembly process was used on this board.  This is
new to us but we don't want to force the issue if we are requesting
something wrong.  7 out of 8 fab houses say they don't care, unfortunately
the one that cares is our best.  Any input would be appreciated! - Thanks!
DC