LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
to Paul Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:28:32 +0000
Scott

I really would not put to much faith in the exemption being granted.  The
best way is to re-design with compliant components, we started this about
18months ago), and anyway we would all be doing continual product
re-design due to technology and cost so it just makes it harder as there
is a deadline.  if this exemption was that easy to get for LTB/EOL
products , everyone would be on it and the main directive and its
direction would become very clouded!!

If you have non-compliant IC's, it may be worth considering the re-tinning
option

good luck in hitting the timeframe, as there is no 'project slippage'
allowable time, every day it gets nearer and there seems to be just as
much to do!

regards
Paul

Paul R Taylor
Senior Engineer, RoHS Compliancy Group, IED
Pitney Bowes Ltd

"Douglas, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Leadfree <[log in to unmask]>
22/02/2006 13:59
Please respond to
"(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)" <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
"Douglas, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: [LF] What solutions for obsolete components?

Moshe, et al,

Note this exemption request is for non-consumer products. Doesn't do much
to help our company out. I have a dozen components we are having to design
out at great expense and delay. Would that we too could get an exemption
like this. Save us megabucks and man-months. Allow us to be compliant by
the deadline, etc.

Regards,
Scott Douglas, NCE
Compliance Engineer