LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:50:45 -0800
Could fire it from a chicken gun..................that will kill most things.......8-) HALT of course is a destructive test and has to be carried out in a controlled manner to develop a worthwhile HASS screen.

Note that in my original email I was quoting side by side reliability from HASS screens, but actually  recommending use of test vehicles.

With the test vehicles I have been using, the aim has been to use monitored paths while thermally cycling the units, the components being  matched to the mechanical size, construction, and package as the ones on the "real"  board

And Werner is absolutely correct. I  have seen defects built into units due to over enthusiastic vibration cycling particularly at the cold dwell.

John