TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:13:42 +0000
Andrew

Following Mike comments, I think you should be aware that manual dipping may
lead to other issues: the coating will be too thick and the runs that will
develop might take you outside IPC A-610 acceptance criteria.

Furthermore, the solvents in the coating may well be flammable, so using
electric drives etc., must be avoided - otherwise you might flambee the
assembly, and yourself!

The advantage, and probable reason for requiring the dip process is coverage
under, as well as over, the components. Of course both sides are coated at
the same time and, as Mike said, you can simultaneously coat many assemblies
at the same time - we can do 30 to 40 per 3 minute cycles.

Hope this helps,

Graham Naisbitt