TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:30:08 +0200
Ridiculous bureaucracy. :-( It is perfectly legal, even in the USA, to
use the metric system as a unique method and has been since the 19th
century, 1866 to be precise (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system_in_the_United_States ).

Of course, whether you comply with the request of the auditor or not is
up to you but, IMHO, he has no grounds for enforcing the issue. If your
house specs say n °C ±m °C, you are perfectly in your rights to keep it
at that.

Brian