TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Franklin Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Franklin Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:18:37 -0600
Those capabilities are common to most fluoroscopes actually. The XRF's have
a function for providing a spectrum, or spectrum analysis of the specimen
tested.

Most XRF equipment can provide a visual representation of the level or
amount of the element detected, you've probably seen similar screen images
on shows like CSI where a sample is placed in a chamber and the screen shows
spiked charts, while in CSI they are probably using an SEM or AA it is the
same visual depiction.

Franklin