TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Yannick Brisson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Yannick Brisson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:02:20 -0500
I'm looking to buy something for MSL, but I'm confused at some point.  If the component is past floor life can I just put it in a dry cabinet?  What wil be the time before I'll be ready to either use it or seal it?  I know it depend on the MSL but in the IPC/Jedec document there use something around 125degree.  A dry cabinet it's at room temperature no?  or is there something which combine a dry cabinet and baking?  And if we use baking do we need dry cabinet? or can we just seal it or use it directly after baking?  and after that how do you manage your component? could be a headache to know if the component is still ok or past his floor life.

Any comment is appreciate.  Thank You