TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:42:47 -0800
Just to throw a wrench into the very strange workings of this
hypothetical company, another horrible scenario raises its ugly head.

Originally company A shipped it to you and you were in control of the
chemical handling and containers it went into and controlled them by
internal procedures right?

BUT NOW..........oh happy day......your hypothetical company has to send
out a QA team to audit on a regular basis the chemical handling
activities and paperwork of companies A, B and C, probably on a
quarterly basis, and also get a sample analysis of the materials
supplied on a batch basis to ensure that the multiple
handling/re-packaging has not caused any contamination/issues with the
product. All this for your ISO 14000 right?

The hypothetical management team needs to get dictionary definitions of
the following terms:

"Handling charge"
"Delivery charge"

And while we are on the subject, I hope that the material concerned is
not something as basic as distilled water..................

John

John Burke
Senior Manager - Operations , Optichron
W: 510 249 5233