TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Mikell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 07:52:04 +0700
Hey Doug,

I searched a few online legal dictionaries and for legal precedents on the subject of repackaging and got nada-zip.

However, based on what I learned in college from the law course for engineers, the correct answer is,
"I'm an engineer, and not a lawyer. I'm not a licensed to practice law in Iowa, US Federal court, or any international court, so my opinion or advice doesn't mean didley squat." In other words, you need to talk to your corporate legal counsel.

If you are looking for common sense advice, then it depends on the specifics. Repackaging is rather general, but decanting IPA from 55 gal. drums to 5 gal. saftey cans to 4 oz. benchtop dispensers could be construed either way.

Sorry,
Steve Mikell

 "Douglas O. Pauls" <[log in to unmask]>