TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Barmuta, Mike
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:43:49 -0800
Bob: A couple of things.

1. The Polyclad 370HR as suggested by John will work well. We have used
it for over a year with good results. Polyclad and ISOLA have merged so
I believe you could get a high Tg/Td from ISOLA also.

2. If you are mixing lead and leadfree components you  may have to run a
hotter and/or longer duration reflow profile than you normally would.
Make sure your leaded components are compatible with the higher temps.

3.  If you are using SAC alloy BGA's they will definitely need higher
time temp durations.

4. If you are using a standard tin/lead solder paste it may not be
designed for the higher temps and times required.

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Staff Engineer

Fluke Corp.