TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Stephen Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Stephen Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:05:02 -0600
Mornin' all you Technetters!

I've just posted some pictures that I was asked to post for discussion.
Go to:

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/files/lamvoids.jpg

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/files/lamvoids2.jpg

Eddie Rocha wanted some suggestions to his problem;

"I'm getting "LAM VOIDS" on a 16 layer board that we build. The board is
.140" thick and has 2 oz copper
on layers 2, 8, 9, and 15. Any ideas on what might be causing these "LAM
VOIDS". The "lam voids" are about
.004" x .010" in size and x-sections show them between different layers
such as the surface of layers 2, 6, and
11. I just began looking into this issue so I'll appreciate any ideas."

and these pictures from Wee Mei who asks;

"Would appreciate you can download the following defects on solder mask
for discussion on your site. In your opinion,
what are they? This time, it is different from the previous defect
though they are found in the same location again."

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/files/SM1.JPG

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/files/SM2.JPG

http://stevezeva.homestead.com/files/SM3.JPG

Kind regards,