TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Ivanoe Pedruzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ivanoe Pedruzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:13:06 +0100
Richard, I took from your email:

With the flash gold over nickel or the ENIG plating the gold will be
absorbed into the solder and you will form a solder joint to the nickel.

The reason I asked about  dissolution rate, temperature and time, is
that I assumed one could have the solder join formed with copper if
the Nickel is let completely to dissolve in the molten solder.

Do you think this is not feasible?

I value your opinion.

THX, Ivan