TECHNET Archives

January 2006

From:
Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Lee parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:29:21 -0500
Gold is the most noble metal of all. Gold is essentia
Steve

Gold is the most noble metal of all. Gold is essentially inactive which is also why it is so valuable and difficult to dissolve. If oxides are forming on gold surfaces it is usually because the under coating is exposed at the surface or there are impurities in the gold. Since bondable gold is usually pure gold, impurities should not be present. It the problem is organic films, (which are not complexed to the gold) the problem may be residual or packing.

Best regards

Lee

J. Lee Parker, Ph.D.

JLP Consultants LLC