LEADFREE Archives

January 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Mark Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:36:00 +0000
IMHO

It sounds to me like the connector supplier does not understand what
homogenous is. You however are understanding it correctly.

Indeed, homogenous materials (as far as ROHS is concerned) cannot be
mechanically separated. So on a connector pin, the homogenous part is
definitely the plating as this can be mechanically scrapped from the rest of
the pin.

Mark

===== Original Message from [log in to unmask] (Leadfree Electronics Assembly
Forum) at 24/01/06 15:20