DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"James, Ron CAR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:34:41 -0500
I don't do very many "revision letter changes" here, except for
extremely minor changes to board notes.  Our central stores and
MRP system are blind to revision letters, so my plant demands a
part number change for most board mods.  This is done for all
changes that affect any assembly process, that could impact the
end customer, or if the engineer just thinks it should be done
that way.  Which is most of the time.

I'm sure we will be bumping our part numbers for the eventual
RoHS changes, for all the reasons Cheryl lists below.

Ron James, C.I.D.