DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Kitty Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:53:11 -0600
Bill,
I admire your efforts and have often thought of teaching myself.  There are few colleges out there that even teach PCB Design...that's a problem for all of our futures!  Too much of our work is being outsourced to outside countries, we all know that's a problem...I believe the solution lies in training...we need more training here in the USA.  I don't live in a rural area, I'm in the Chicago area and can't find a college that teaches any part of PCB design, from beginner level to advanced.  Advanced training is available thru seminars and workshops, but generally you have to travel to get there and you're lucky if a company will pay the expenses.  If anyone knows of any teaching opportunities available here in the Chicago area, I would be interested in helping out.
Thanks,
Kitty