TECHNET Archives

December 2005

From:
Jason Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jason Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:04:25 -0600
Where I work, we always try to order an extra board. I call it a "profile"
board. This board I can drill, permanently attach thermocouples,
epoxy....whatever! I build this board in a production manner, treating it as
a regular board. After I run this board, then I save it in my super duper
heavy duty black cabinet for use later during internal thermal audits. I
don't trust a coupon as it doesn't represent the size or thermal
characteristics of my production board. Sometimes I don't get the liberty of
a profile board, then I'm at square one, having to use a real production
board and remove thermocouples when finished. We run lead-free processes,
but for downhole, high-temp reasons.

Jason Gregory
Manufacturing Engineer
Innova Electronics