TECHNET Archives

December 2005

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:30:24 -0500
Mike

If the lead is a part of the alloy for ductility isn't it then
homogeneous?  If not, then we are forced to remove this vendor from our
approved vendor list.

This brings up my e-mail to the IPC Lead-Free mail list, which I have
copied below.

OK, here goes a short rant.

I received an internal "New Part Number Request" form with a part that
the vendor says will be compliant by 7/1/06.

HELLO!!! I need all my parts to be compliant by 4/1/06 (at the latest)
so I can integrate (assemble) them and test my product before shipping.
Are these vendors so arrogant that they don't realize the potential pain
this will cause their customers?  Are they going to pay for the lost
revenue because we didn't get compliant parts until the day we need to
ship completed products?

Note to vendors, if you can't supply compliant parts when I need them
I'll find one that will.

Sigh. I feel better now, so I'll get off my soapbox.

Just my opinion, please don't be offended.

Are there any industry icons, movers and shakers or other influential
types out there that are listening that can help wake up manufacturers?

Being compliant BY 7/1/06 just ain't gonna cut it!

Phil Nutting