LEADFREE Archives

December 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:34:35 -0500
Jerry,
I have to agree with Chris, unfortunately.  (Chris, the "unfortunately"
refers to the situation not you.  :)  )

My guess is the EUers are getting us ready for the next stage, which
will be complete chemical disclosure.  So you either have to get the
information from farther down in the food chain or do your analysis and
hope that your method is good enough (low enough detection limit) that
if it says you have zero chromium VI in your ground up circuit board
that this is correct for all the materials in it.  This is likely to be
true, but less so as you go from that to mercury, to cadmium, to banned
brominated fire retardants to lead.  We could quibble about the order I
have put these in, but it does not really change the argument.
Bev
RIM