LEADFREE Archives

December 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Joel Mearig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:44:05 -0800
Ryan,
I think that alloy composition is part of the formula. Lead-free solder
wetting forces are different and the reflow temp is higher, which could lead
to additional slumping. I have found in my experience that the stencil has
to change due to the change in alloy composition which affects other parts
of the entire process. In the asking of my original question I was wondering
if others were having similar experiences.              Joel