LEADFREE Archives

December 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Quintin Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:08:29 -0600
We have a Sensbey LG600 that has two solder pots.  Each pot has a cradle
(support frame on casters) that can be rolled up to the side of the
machine, positioned using a set of alignment pins, and locked into place
at the cleaning position, after which the pot can be rolled into
production position.

Once the heater power is turned off, it takes about 2 hours to cool the
solder enough to safely roll the pot out and move the new one into
position.  Takes another 15 minutes to reconnect everything, and then
another 2 hours to bring it back up to temperature from a cold start.
Basically it requires about 4 1/4 hours of downtime each time you switch
from one process to another, although it should take a little less if
the first pot hasn't cooled completely to room temperature.

You don't want to move the pot while the solder is still liquid out of
concern for safety; bad things happen if it sloshes.

You'll need a fairly large area beside the machine to allow you to move
the pots around, probably about 30% of the space required by an entire
machine.

Hope this helps.

Quintin

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/21/05 12:32 PM >>>

Hi,

        Could someone give me some hints on wave soldering? We probably
need to keep two process in our production? It's quiet easy in the SMT
process since we just need to change our profile and paste like we don't
need new equipement.  But for the wave we can't just change from Lead
free to Leaded solder that easy.  So the option are: add another wave
which mean  more production space neededr and two machines running maybe
half a day.  Did someone just manage to change their solder bath Like in
5 minutes and ready to produce right away ( plug and play)?  or maybe
their is more option that I don't see.

I'd like to ear your thoughts on that.

Thank You

Yannick

in
To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of Leadree for vacation breaks
send: SET Leadfree NOMAIL/(MAIL)
Please visit IPC web site

Scanned by Sanmina-SCI eShield