LEADFREE Archives

December 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Roger Bilham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Bilham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:18:41 -0000
Phil & other LFers,

You may find that fine copper wires dissolve to an unacceptable extent in
SAC305. In this case, it is worth considering Sn92Cu6Ag2 or, to be more
economical, Sn92Cu8. As for the pot material, I would try to use cast iron,
which seems to resist dissolution by these high Sn alloys.

Best regards,
Roger Bilham

Falcon Metals UK
020 8249 7828