TECHNET Archives

November 2005

From:
"Whittaker, Dewey (AZ75)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Whittaker, Dewey (AZ75)
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:15:14 -0700
I had to wait until the pendulum swung in the proper direction( right
side/left side brain thing) before I answered. Brian is correct. At best
using clean, contaminant free, clean, oil-free, clean, dry, clean,
ionized air( did I mention clean) may be acceptable if you have already
determined the nature of the dust bunnies, particle size and chemical
make-up, and that all openings are sealed such that the use of the air
gun would lodge those contaminants in critical areas. If not long term
reliability could be compromised if moisture( humidity), a bias voltage
and the contaminant impacted the surface insulation resistance between
two conductive surfaces.
Dewey