TECHNET Archives

November 2005

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Barmuta, Mike
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:28:13 -0800
Hi Russ: Yes you are absolutely correct, passivation is definitely a cause
of poor plating adhesion, and probably the primary cause.

However in this case I think it falls within the oxidation/contamination
category that Rudy and Richard were referring to.

Since I was giving examples of other causes of plating adhesion besides
oxidation I didn't go into any detail on it, as it was already covered.

Just to throw out another one in the same passivation vain; excessive rinse
temperature either too hot or too cold after Ni plate can also result in
plating adhesion problems.

                                                                Regards

Mike Barmuta