LEADFREE Archives

November 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Tempea, Ioan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:40:10 -0500
Rick,

we go for benchtop. They can focus on narrow areas of components, so if you want to check and 0603, you only need to remove 1 comp from the reel and test it. To get the same results with a hand held, you have to take something like 20 parts out of the reel, put them in special cups and test them. Besides that, the benchtop has an xy table, electrically powered, versus the handheld that has to be fixtured on a stand and you manually move the PCB or large part.

We decided that the initial difference in price is rapidly offset by the higher effectiveness of the benchtop.

Regards,
Ioan