TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:59:25 -0500
Hi Prakash!

They tried, a couple of times actually, but they were never able to repair
the card.

We wound-up buying a new card from DEK back then (Ouch!).

But since then, we've bought two -288's for almost nothing that we
cannibalize parts
from...that'll give us a few more years of use on our production machines
since DEK doesn't
support -288's anymore.

Kind regards,

-Steve Gregory-
Senior Process Engineer
LaBarge Incorporated
Tulsa, Oklahoma
(918) 459-2285
(918) 459-2350 FAX

|         |           Prakash          |
|         |           Sowndappan       |
|         |           MY>              |
|         |           Sent by: TechNet |
|         |           10/28/2005 09:23 |
|         |           TechNet E-Mail   |
|         |           Forum            |
|         |           ; Please respond |
|         |           to Prakash       |
|         |           Sowndappan       |
|         |           MY>              |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       [log in to unmask]@SMTP@Exchange                                                                |
  |       cc:       (bcc: Stephen R Gregory/LABARGE)                                                             |
  |       Subject:  Re: [TN] Cognex Vision Card Repair Update...                                                 |

Hi..

Have been a long time since you've posted this.
I'm just curious, were they able to repair your vision card?

Thanks.
Prakash

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:07:58 EDT, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>You remember last week when I was asking if anybody knew of a place that
>could repair the Cognex Vision card in my DEK-288, because DEK wanted
>replace it? Well, I found a place. It's called:
>
>Speck Industrial Controls
>1503 Glen Avenue
>Moorestown, N.J. 08057
>(800) 332-4336
>
>http://www.speckvc.com
>
>They're going to repair it for $1969...not cheap, but quite a bit better
than
>$6200!
>Looks like they can repair a lot of things. So if you have something go
out
>in one of your machines, you might check with these guys to see if they
can
>repair it for you instead of buying somethng brand new at a 300% mark-
up...

>-Steve Gregory-

>Please visit IPC web site http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional
>information, or contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700

This message may contain information that is privileged and confidential to
LaBarge, Inc.  It is for use only by the individual or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, use or deliver
this message to anyone.  In such event, you should destroy the message and
kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.