TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phillip Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:01:39 -0700
No paste needed.....as long as the pads are still hot from the removal process, they can be bumped using a solder iron and coresolder and flux.....the bumps come out pretty much equal in height as long as everything is warm enough......This accomplishes the retinning of the pads and deposition of paste all in one step.....although some will argue that the heights are not exactly the same, in my experience, it has never been enough of a difference that mattered.

Now if the assembly is not still hot, it does make a world of difference.

"Blomberg, Rainer (FL51)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Phil,

How does one apply solder paste to a board before it has cooled down?

Rainer Blomberg