TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
"Valerie St.Cyr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:25:34 -0400
Rudy,

I'm either not understanding what you are saying, or if I do understand
it, I disagree.

Most of the information passed on TechNet is in the public domain; it is
stuff we learn from tech articles and seminars and stuff that "everyone
knows" who has been around awhile. I don't think anyone is passing on
intellectual property via tech net, no matter where they come from.

Did you mean to imply that other cultures (other than American?) are more
open and sharing ?? ..... There are a lot of American technetters that
give a lot to this and the other forums. The actually percentage of
participation by "culture", since it is a self-selecting group, can't be
used as a barometer. For instance, if you proportioned the participation
by dollars-shipped per country, that would change the percentage
participation as a function of dollars per technetter, to show higher
participation by Americans ...

Did I totally not "get it" - what you were trying to convey?

Valerie

R Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
10/06/2005 06:19 PM