TECHNET Archives

October 2005

From:
Steve Hodge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Hodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:08:46 -0600
Let"s face it Valerie; fabricators are at or near the bottom of the food
chain. I have bitten the proverbial lip on this subject as long as I can. I
emailed several people privately, before I signed up, about fabrication
related questions.
I sent at least 20 with answers which I believed to be accurate. I received
one response back. I continued to read the technet forums and, when I saw
something asked which I thought I could answer, I would e-mail the
individual with an answer. I thought if I signed up for Technet I would at
least get responses and opinions about my answers.  Well, that was my first
mistake. I should have kept on the sidelines and not have offered any input
in a general forum. I learned one valuable lesson:  A newbie should never
offer an opinion differing from the tenured professionals on any forum. The
good ole boys have all the right answers anyway.